The journal was established in 1922 in Warsaw, Poland, by a few Polish gynecological societies. The founder and the first Editor in Chief of 'Ginekologia Polska' was Leonard Lorentowicz (1871-1951), a doctor, director of the ob./gyn. Department of the University of Warsaw and a founder of the Warsaw Gynecological Society. Initially, 'Ginekologia Polska' was a quarterly. The scope of the journal was obstetrics and gynecology.